Friday, February 17, 2012

Can everyone here me cheering!  I have finally finished all the blocks (well all I am doing) for my version of Sylvias Bridal Sampler.  As mentioned before I have chosen substitute some blocks for patterns that I like or patterns which have some meaning to me, eg. I have a very good school friend whose name is Suzanne, the reason I chose the Oh Susannah block.  Others were patterns in a friendship swap at my local group.  My other alteration is to make the quilt one row less. As I started joining up the rows into blocks to make sure I liked the overall look I realized just how big it is, so decided 13 rows is enough for my bed.  I can't begin to explain the feeling of satisfaction now the blocks are all done, my only wish would be that I didn't have to join all the rows together!!! Well onto it so I can finally put up a photo of my finished quilt.  I have enjoyed the journey though.

1 comment:

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Yay! I'm doing the happy dance for you. The colours in this quilt are so pretty. Can't wait to see it all pieced now!