Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This past week I have been busily making a baby quilt for my awaited grandchild.  Not knowing the sex it is a multi-coloured simple design in 1930s storybook fabrics.  I intend to now wait until baby arrives before adding borders and binding and backing, all dependent on gender.  I've also completed another 5 blocks for 'Sylvias Bridal Sampler'.  As I am using different backgrounds for these blocks I've decided to do them in their rows to enable me to mix up the fabrics and not have any the same too close together.  I haven't taken photos yet but will hopefully get them up later in the week.  It was so hot here yesterday (low 40s) that sewing was not an option as my sewing room is not cooled and faces north.  Instead of sewing I was able to draw up quite a few blocks in readiness for foundation piecing.  I am still searching for a suitable piece of red, white and blue to sash my blocks shown earlier on this blog, done with my local group.  I will keep searching!!!1