Its been a while since I have posted. All the bushfire quilts have gone off to Melinda and Pam in Alexandra, I'm sure they will be happy with them. I'm not sure of the exact number, I think about 18 plus 4 or 5 tops. For a small group I think we did pretty well.
I can now get down to catching up with my blocks for my friendship groups pattern and fabric swaps. I made a mistake in my calculations and haven't got quite enough fabric for the design I have decided on for the fabric swap. Have been able to get some more but is a much lighter dye lot. Presently I am trying to darken it with coffee dye which isn't too bad. I know I could change the whole design but truthfully I don't want to so will use a bit of creative license and use the coffee dyed fabric even though it is not strictly the same.
Our pattern this month is one called 'Little boys britches' and is it a difficult pattern to do my machine. I'm sure it was designed to do by hand. Not one I will be doing again.
7 years ago