Thursday, February 21, 2008

Work and etcs have been taking time so I haven't been doing much sewing apart blocks using my groups fabric swap. Unfortunately I made an error in cutting and have totally messed up the two blocks I am to do this month. I am hoping Glenys and June might have a bit more fabric that I can purchase from them to redo. Initially I hand pieced a kaleidescope block by hand except for the last join which I did by machine for more strength. It went together like a breeze. However every one I have tried since just will not go together with matching seams so I have given up and am doing them totally by hand.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

February is here and hopefully it means more sewing time. I made a start yesterday on cutting strips for a pineapple block quilt I intend making from FQ swap at my friendship group. I have also finally made a decision finally on what to do with the 130 6 inch oriental squares swapped at the Bendigo SCQ retreat in 2007. I am going to make lanterns on a light background with navy and gold trim.