Monday, March 9, 2009

I have been working diligently on another quilt for the bushfire relief. This time an I Spy type probably suitable for a young boy. I decided to use Keryn's method of Quilt As You Go which is shown as a tutorial on her blog www. quiltingtwin.blogspot.com. Her instructions are excellent and I find the method, although a bit more sewing than Jan Macs way, very neat. The only thing I did different was omit the part where she joins the two blocks together with a zig zag stitch. I found my machine tended to distort the blocks and really they all went together very well without doing this. All up to the individual, like most things with patchwork. With a bit of luck I will get it finished today and be able to put a picture up during the week.

What with the fires and also extreme flooding up north, and another cyclone approaching, I think we will need to keep at the machines. So many in need at the moment in this vast land of ours, and from one extreme to the other.

No comments: