Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Its been a busy month in my household.  We have had a week in Bright, Vic., moved house, had a week in WA to welcome our new granddaughter Lola Alice, born 10 May.  The downside to all this is that I have not sewn one stitch, even Lola's quilt awaits its borders.  Originally I intended to take it with us when we went 10 days after she was born, putting the borders on when I knew what sex this new baby was, best laid plans!!!! She was 10 days late so consequently the quilt didn't get its borders before we went.  Was a very good excuse for a shopping trip though.  Boy there is some absolutely gorgeous things out there for babies these days.  No longer the 'Bonds' nighties for the newbies!!!!!!!  Hopefully my life might settle down a bit now  and I can get some more blocks done for my 'Sylvias' quilt before building a new house takes over my life; selecting carpet, paint etc. etc.  will be fun though as we built our last house when we got married 43 years ago.  Imagine all the new mod cons I can have this time.  Though I must admit I had them all back then, only difference is they are no longer mod cons.  Dishwasher was my own two hands and a twin tub washing machine was a wonder.  I am looking forward to a trip to Bacchus Marsh with the Geelong Scquilters at the end of the month, so I better get to it and get some hand sewing organized if nothing else for this month.

1 comment:

Mary said...

There are some of the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks that are fun to do by hand. Lynn W and I just finished quilting ours in April. Cut out the Dresden plate, Grandmother's Flower Garden, Lancaster & Indiana Rose, Posie's Round the Square, Tumbling blocks, Orange PeelFool's Puzzle and Rocky Road to Dublin. If you're daring do the Grace's Friendhip too. Have fun! We are making them in 30's now.