Thursday, July 17, 2008


I haven't had a chance to add to this blog for a few weeks and wow has the weather turned cold during that time. I have to admit we did spent a week on the Murray River the first week in July where the weather was much warmer.
I have been busy adding to my pineapple blocks made from FQ swap fabrics which my local group swapped in 2007. Not my normal colours so quite a trial for me to work in these colours (and only these colours) no additions except for a few in the same colour range from my scrap stash. When finished it will go to my local aged care hostel where everyone who is a resident receives a quilt of their choice. (We try and have at least 3 or 4 for them to choose from).
This challenge was supposed to be colour co-ordinated but only to the previous one, but I'm sure almost everyone cheated and had a look at previous months FQs. This year we are doing much the same thing except that only the previous one is on displayed and all previous must be sealed in a paper bag. Goodness knows what we will end up with!!!!!!!!! Next weekend I am off to a weekend retreat to Bacchus Marsh where I hope to get most of these blocks finished ready to put together and quilt.

No comments: